https://www.chessveda.com/ https://www.chessveda.com/
  • Power Corridors Magazines
  • Advertise with us
Sunday, May 24, 2026
  • Login
Power Corridors
Advertisement
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
    • Technology
  • Appointments/Transfers
  • Automobile
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
    • IPL 2024
  • Event
  • World
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
    • Technology
  • Appointments/Transfers
  • Automobile
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
    • IPL 2024
  • Event
  • World
No Result
View All Result
Power Corridors
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Appointments/Transfers
  • Automobile
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Event
  • World
Home National

Trump Says Iran Deal “Largely Negotiated,” Tehran Pushes Back on Key Terms

President Donald Trump said the US and Iran are close to finalizing a peace framework that could end months of hostilities and gradually reopen the Strait of Hormuz.

PC Bureau by PC Bureau
24 May 2026
in National, News, Politics, World
8
Trump Says Iran Deal “Largely Negotiated,” Tehran Pushes Back on Key Terms
8
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

Iran’s state-affiliated Fars News Agency rejected Trump’s claim that the Strait of Hormuz would fully reopen, insisting the waterway would remain under Iranian control.

BY PC Bureau

May 24, 2026: President Donald Trump on Saturday claimed that the United States and Iran were close to finalizing a broad peace agreement that could end months of conflict and eventually reopen the strategically crucial Strait of Hormuz, though Iranian state media quickly disputed key aspects of his announcement.

Trump, posting on Truth Social, said a framework agreement had been “largely negotiated” between the United States, Iran and several other countries, with only final details left to be resolved. The proposed understanding is expected to halt hostilities, gradually ease restrictions on Iranian trade routes and create a pathway for continued negotiations over Tehran’s nuclear programme.

However, Iran’s state-affiliated Fars News Agency rejected Trump’s claim that the Strait of Hormuz would be fully reopened, insisting that the waterway would remain under Iranian control under the latest draft proposal exchanged between Washington and Tehran.

🟡 Yet another twist in negotiations between the United States and Iran, sending crypto markets higher with $BTC back at $77,000!

Donald Trump claimed on his social platform that a deal with Iran is “largely negotiated” and very close to being announced, including a gradual… pic.twitter.com/niWeQ4arzP

— Crypto Tag (@CryptoTagOff) May 23, 2026

Recent versions of the memorandum of understanding that Trump appears close to finalizing would end hostilities with Iran while gradually reopening the Strait of Hormuz and ending the US blockade of Iranian ports, according to a person familiar with the matter.

The agreement would unfreeze some Iranian assets that are held in banks outside Iran.

And it would start a clock of at least 30 days for continued negotiations meant to resolve the remaining sticking points on Iran’s nuclear program, including what happens to Tehran’s stockpile of near-weapons-grade uranium.

Trump said final details were still being sorted, and it remained possible that some aspects of the memo could change.

Pakistan’s Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif congratulated Trump on his “extraordinary efforts to pursue peace,” on X early Sunday, but did not refer to any agreement or the Strait of Hormuz. Islamabad has been a key mediator in talks between Washington and Tehran.

READ: White House Shooter Claimed He Was Jesus Reincarnate

Instead, he mentioned a “very useful and productive telephone call” held by Trump with leaders of several Gulf states, Turkey, Egypt, Jordan and Pakistan, represented by the country’s military chief Asim Munir.

“The discussions provided a useful opportunity to exchange views on the current regional situation and how to move the ongoing peace efforts forward,” Sharif added.

Fars News said that Trump’s claims about the strait reopening are “not true” and “inconsistent with reality.”

“Although Iran has agreed to allow the number of passing vessels to return to pre-war levels, this in no way means ‘free passage’ as it existed before the war,” the outlet reported.

Trump said his call with regional leaders involved negotiations surrounding Iran and what he described as a memorandum of understanding tied to “PEACE.”

The leaders urged Trump during the call to accept the proposed framework with Iran, according to a person briefed on the discussion, who described the conversation as encouraging. Another regional source characterized the talks as positive.

“The call was very positive. Good progress is being made. Regional leaders were supportive of the progress and of the breakthrough President Trump achieved with the talks,” a regional diplomat on the call told CNN.

Trump said he held a separate call with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, “which, likewise, went very well.”

“Final aspects and details of the Deal are currently being discussed and will be announced shortly. In addition to many other elements of the Agreement, the Strait of Hormuz will be opened,” he said.

Israel’s main concern is that there will be a narrow interim agreement that will extend the ceasefire, open the Strait of Hormuz and gradually ease sanctions on Iran, while not addressing the most critical points for Israel — Tehran’s nuclear program and enriched uranium, an Israeli source said. The US continued to reassure Israel on the uranium issue.

Netanyahu will convene a limited security consultation on Saturday evening with select ministers and security officials to discuss the developments in Iran negotiations, the source told CNN.

Trump, speaking to Axios in a phone interview earlier, described the chances of reaching an agreement with Iran as a “solid 50/50” before the call with Gulf and other regional leaders, adding that he could decide by Sunday whether to resume military action.

The president said the talks could either lead to a “good” deal or result in the US choosing to “blow them to kingdom come.”

US and Iranian officials suggested that they may be closer to reaching a framework agreement to end the war after mediators from Qatar and Pakistan held talks in Tehran on Saturday. One regional source said the US and Iran were moving closer to an agreement to work toward a more detailed deal in the future.

Trump told Axios he also planned to speak with envoy Steve Witkoff and adviser Jared Kushner, his son-in-law. Vice President JD Vance, meanwhile, was spotted arriving at the White House on Saturday.

Mike Pompeo, who served during Trump’s first administration, criticized the reported deal and compared it to Obama-era agreements.

“Not remotely America First,” he wrote on X.

That drew a profane response from White House communications director Steven Cheung, who wrote: “Mike Pompeo has no idea what the fuck he’s talking about. He should shut his stupid mouth and leave the real work to the professionals.”

Meanwhile, Senators Roger Wicker and Lindsey Graham also expressed concern about a potential agreement with Iran.

Graham warned that Iran could emerge as a dominant regional force capable of threatening Gulf oil infrastructure and exerting long-term pressure on Israel.

“This combination of Iran being perceived as having the ability to terrorize the Strait in perpetuity and the ability to inflict massive damage to Gulf oil infrastructure is a major shift of the balance of power in the region and over time will be a nightmare for Israel,” Graham posted on X.

Wicker, chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, said the negotiations could “define” Trump’s legacy and urged him to “finish what we started.”

“His instincts have been to finish the job he started in Iran, but he is being ill advised to pursue a deal that would not be worth the paper it is written on,” Wicker wrote Friday, adding: “Further pursuit of an agreement with Iran’s Islamist regime risks a perception of weakness.”

Earlier, Iranian officials said Tehran would focus on ending the fighting, including clashes involving Israel and the Iran-backed Hezbollah group, while also seeking the release of frozen overseas assets.

Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Esmail Baghaei said draft texts of the memorandum included 30- and 60-day timelines, though no final agreement had yet been reached.

“Over the past week, the viewpoints have been getting closer,” he said. “We must wait and see what will happen in the next three to four days.”

Baghaei also insisted that any mechanism governing the Strait of Hormuz must be decided by Iran, Oman and countries bordering the waterway, adding that the United States “has nothing to do” with it.

Iran’s chief negotiator, Mohammad Bagher Ghalibaf, struck a defiant tone after talks with Pakistani military chief Asim Munir, warning that Iran “will not back down from the rights of our nation and country.”

“Our armed forces have rebuilt themselves during the ceasefire in such a way that if Trump makes the mistake of restarting the war, it will definitely be more crushing and bitter for America than the first day of the war,” Ghalibaf said, according to Iranian state media.

Plugin Install : Subscribe Push Notification need OneSignal plugin to be installed.
Previous Post

Manipur Police Seize 189 Kg Opium Seeds in Major Drug Bust

Next Post

NIA to Probe Naga Abduction Case, Kuki-Zo Hostages Forgotten

Related Posts

NIA
National

NIA to Probe Naga Abduction Case, Kuki-Zo Hostages Forgotten

24 May 2026
Opium
Crime

Manipur Police Seize 189 Kg Opium Seeds in Major Drug Bust

24 May 2026
white house
News

White House Shooter Claimed He Was Jesus Reincarnate

24 May 2026
Global Flotila
News

France Bans Israeli Minister Over Treatment of Gaza Flotilla Activists

23 May 2026
Ladakh LG
Business

Ladakh LG Extends ONGC MoU for Geothermal Energy Push

23 May 2026
Kuki Rights Body
National

Manipur: Kuki Rights Body Slams UNC Over May 13 Ambush

23 May 2026
Next Post
NIA

NIA to Probe Naga Abduction Case, Kuki-Zo Hostages Forgotten

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

POWER CORRIDORS

Former Vice President Venkaiah Naidu commended Power Corridors as a commendable news magazine, affirming that it not only upholds Media Dharma but also fulfills its societal obligations. Power Corridors, as its name implies, delves into realpolitik—examining the essence of influential circles, unraveling the intricacies of political maneuvers, and exploring the pulse of the state’s affairs. However, it transcends mere power dynamics, encompassing a broader spectrum of issues beyond the confines of Delhi’s elite circles.

For PC, which is published by the Interactive Forum on Indian Economy, not only highlights the issues of the day but also throws up what ought to be the subjects that the country should be debating about. It reports about the plans, strategies, and agendas of politicians and others; it also sets the agenda for the nation.

Browse by Category

  • Appointments/Transfers
  • Automobile
  • Aviation
  • Blog
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Donal Trump
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Event
  • GMF
  • HEALTH
  • IFIE
  • IPL 2024
  • Iran War
  • Law
  • Motorsports
  • National
  • News
  • Politics
  • Science
  • Space
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Weather
  • WEIGHT LOSS
  • World

Recent News

NIA

NIA to Probe Naga Abduction Case, Kuki-Zo Hostages Forgotten

24 May 2026
Trump Says Iran Deal “Largely Negotiated,” Tehran Pushes Back on Key Terms

Trump Says Iran Deal “Largely Negotiated,” Tehran Pushes Back on Key Terms

24 May 2026
  • About
  • Advertise With Us
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact Us

© 2023 Power Corridors

Welcome Back!

OR

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

  • Login
  • Cart
  • News
  • National
  • Politics
  • Business
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Crime
  • Law
  • Sports
  • Contact Us

© 2023 Power Corridors